February 17, 2012

❤❤❤ Valentine's at Oakroom- Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center ❤❤❤

It's the love month once again and just like any other couple, we also celebrate Valentine's day. 

This year we were lucky enough to celebrate it at Oakroom Restaurant in Oakwood, Pasig courtesy of OpenRice Philippines.


We were both delighted when we learned that our surprise dinner date would be in Oakroom. Last year, D surprised me with a fine-dining setup at his house with my favorite food in different restaurants. But we've never really celebrated Valentine's day in a fine-dining restaurant before. So we totally got excited and looked forward to this wonderful opportunity. 

Oakroom has specially created a Couples Only promo for that night which includes a three-course set menu with Kir Royale cocktails for P2,750++ per couple. Luckily for us, our bill was all settled even before our dinner started :)



The whole place was dimly lit with candles on each table for a more romantic and intimate ambiance.


We were led to our seats and a few minutes later, two people from Openrice welcomed us. Raiza, asked D to sign something outside the room and when they came back, D handed me a bouquet of red roses. Sweet!


Cocktails were first served to us followed by the complimentary basket of assorted bread and butter.




The Amuse-bouche came in next which didn't last a minute after it was served on our table. Of course we had to take a photo of it first but after that.. gone. It was a Crostini topped with sliced cherry tomatoes and spread. I could taste the fusion of flavors the moment I popped the whole thing into my mouth. The fruitiness of the cherry tomatoes blended perfectly with the creaminess of the spread. How I wish it came in a bigger form. 



Up next was the platter of seafood appetizers. Each was well-presented by the waiter who was very attentive and friendly all throughout our dinner.



Mini Crab Cakes- This was our favorite among them all. It was pure crab meat goodness inside. The dipping sauce which tasted like honey mustard went well with it too.

Fresh Oysters- I don't eat raw oysters so I gave my share to D which he seemingly enjoyed very much. 

Rockefeller Oysters- I surprisingly liked this one. It didn't taste like oysters at all. It was just like a cheesy spinach dip in an oyster shell.

Shrimp Cocktail-Also loved this one. The shrimps were fresh and plump paired with a special cocktail sauce.


For our main course, I got the Salmon while D got the Chicken.

I forgot what the dishes were called but all I can remember is that both were actually good.



Lastly, dessert was served. It was a mini macaron with chocolate filling and a heart-shaped frozen  raspberry sherbet


After our dinner the manager approached us and handed me a long-stemmed rose and a small red box compliments of the restaurant. He asked how the food was and if it was our first time to dine there. He greeted us  a happy valentine's and hoped we enjoyed the dinner at the Oakroom. 


The curious me opened the small box and there were two small pieces of chocolates inside.


I wanted to eat the chocolates but something inside me urged me to wait.. And I was right! A few minutes later we were each served with a small dish of chocolate truffles.


At first, D and I were joking about having to go to Jollibee or Mcdo after since we doubted we'll be full with the three-course meal. But after our dinner, both of us felt really full. 

We were offered with some coffee or tea after our meal and went for the latter.


It was truly a memorable night and a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's. Thank you to OpenRice Philippines and Oakroom for making this occasion extra special. 




Oakroom Restaurant
Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila
17 ADB Ave.,Ortigas Center, Pasig
Contact Number: 719-11-60

49 comments:

  1. Woow, the food looks so yummy. Glad to hear you had a fun Valentines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Hope you had a great valentine's too :)

      Delete
  2. Awwww ... glad to hear you had a great Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kay! :) hope you had a great Valentines too with Funny man! :)

      Delete
  3. Ang ganda namn ng bouquet at mukhang ang sarap ng mga kinain nyo! Belated Happy Valentine's day sa inyong 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anney! :) Belated Happy Valentine's too :)

      Delete
  4. This is so nice! Glad you had a lovely Valentine's dinner.. :D Everything looks so good! Hope bf and I get to try dining at Oakroom too some time soon.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a great experience! I told D we should do this fine-dining thing more often haha! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you are so lucky! Openrice did a great job in selecting a romantic dinign place. Sadly, that place is far from here. I doubt that we would go that far just for a romantic date heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it was free! :) it truly was a great place :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome dinner! And great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful platings of the food. now, i have an unending list of resto to visit the next time I am in NCR.


    LiLPiNK
    LiLPiNK
    LiLPiNK

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow fine dining! :> the pink cake really caught my eye!
    belated happy valentine's day :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! sarap ng food and I love the place! I bet it was an unforgettable V -day for both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely a wonderful valentines! that's the way to do it... as much as we can make it the best celebration, we should... wish you always treat each day as valentines day (not just by having a fine dining though)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a romantic night you had!
    I spent my valentines in a date with my avaya, my work phone. lol!
    I wish I could have a fine dining experience here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. for sure its romantic day for both of you .. I spent my valentine's with my daughter ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect Valentines Day I suppose. It was a great place and great food for great couple like both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's a good way of capping off the Vday! :>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would be really nice to have a three-course dinner with the boyfie. :) Thanks for dropping by, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ang sweet namaaaaan :)
    Natawa ako sa plano nyong mag-Jollibee o mag-McDo na lang, hehe
    Nag-jollibee kasi ako nung V-day, mag isa, haha. Glad to hear you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aiiisssstt.... Kilig lang. If I will be the girl given this surprise, hindi ako makakakain sa kilig, hehe. Never the food hahaaha.. SAdly, we boys tend to make girls feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like the place is very classy. Hmm..cocktail. I love cocktail bars.
    A very romantic date. And you are a beautiful couple.

    Marms

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely and romantic place for your date in this Valentine's. The foods are great and they really enhance your love trip. Did I see oysters? Hmmm... RandomThoughts! senses something energy-enhancing food! :) Hope... you've enjoyed your romantic date on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The place looks so romantic and good thing you enjoyed Valentines Day last Tuesday (Based on looking at your picture with your date ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Romantic! ^_^ saraaaap ng food!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarap talaga ng In - love, I remember my younger days haisstttt.

    I am green with envy ...wala akong ka-date OFW husband is not around to celebrate V-Day with me...

    Oh and BTW, nakakatakam ang pics mo specially the salmon, makes me want to experience Oakroom as soon as Dear OFW hubby arrives for a vacay

    Keep on blogging and inspiring others.

    Been here from FBW FB group

    its me,
    Cielo of Brown Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow oakroom + roses + chocolates = one sweet love!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow oakroom + roses + chocolates = one sweet love :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. naku. kulang pa rin ung sa akin. d ata yan aabot sa tian ko lalong lalo na if masarap. i love the fresh oysters, ginugutom na tuloy ako

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very beautiful! I thought Oakwood's now called Ascot. Anyway you capture beautiful photos!

    Please swing by my page too! http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow good thing you had a great valentine unlike me.. hehe! the food look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You two look good. :) That was a great way of spending Valentines Day... wine, chocolates, food and roses. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, one sweet date indeed!!! love the food.yummy. and love your blog design.colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww you must have had the most romantic night. Those food are mouthwatering and what a beautiful bouquet of flowers =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow! what an awesome Valentine's day date! love the food pics!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What's Open Rice? I clicked on your link and it led me to a directory of restos :)

    Anyway, your dinner looks yum! Happy valentines day!

    www.joeiandme.com
    Please LIKE my Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely and romantic setting. definitely 'di lang pang valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ahh... All the best for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a romantic set-up!Love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow! looks like you had a great Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. how i wish i could also treat my wife to a place such as this. for the same price kasi, family treat na... hahaha. Yahweh bless. http://trunklocker.blogspot.com/2012/02/getting-through-day-of-hearts.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. 2000+? Wew! Haha Plenty of food! Yummy! :) How sweet of him. The bouquet is <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. you should also try staying at oakwood. that's the best room ive seen =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. AnonymousJune 03, 2013

    The doors which remained locked up shows a minor outward bend found at the recent MAA Best Awards.
    Cartwright's role in baseball has also been responsible for Student Loans People Poison's
    2007 concert at Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore,
    MD. Your objectives may include establishing and raising your e-presence, disseminating business information and sales leads are programs
    worth expanding.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :)